Friday, February 20, 2009

Engineering Students

This is what they think. (by the way, this isn't really a humorous entry; I'm being serious.)

"Liberal arts majors are stupid and don't know how to do anything! Not like us. We're not wasting our time on something so stupid!"

"Every profession that is not related to something technical is so stupid! Even those that are doing something technical are not as smart as I am because I have an engineering degree! What, you can't even make it through college?! Stupid!"

"I'm arrogant!"

"I'm lazy!"

"Even those with an engineering degree, but not an engineering degree in my specific discipline have made the incorrect and stupid decision because I do not see an applicable reason for me to get into that field. Everything everyone else does besides my line of work is a waste of time! Idiots!"


By the way, I'm an engineering major. That was what they think. This is what I think, which I think is at the back of their minds, but will not manifest itself for a few years.

"My primary goal in the professional world is to use my white people skills to gain promotions into management and put those who have had less opportunities than me or can't speak english (foreign engineers) on the bottom of the food chain and do all the work for me. I would rather play golf, go to expensive company paid lunches, and scope out brilliant hard-working people and get paid 6 figures, work 40 hours a week, and get a month of vacation a year than to actually legitimately make breakthroughs in the company line."

And that is why I should probably get an MBA after I graduate. I want to be a shit-brained manager.

1 comment: